Thursday, February 23, 2012

Unisa Student's Guide to Shares etc. Part 1 P:E ratio

To the uninnitiated the world of investment can seem to be an intimidating maize of terminology, ratios formulas, abreviations and the like.

For this reason I thought I would create a series of quick; easy-to-understand lessons. I am by no means an expert and my reason for creating this series is not completely altruistic. I know that the easiest way to reinforce your own knowledge is teach.


 What is a P/E Ratio ? 

The P/E ratio is the ratio between the price of a share and its average anual earnings. 


PE Ratio = Price of Share/Equity 
                  average annual earnings per Share

to follow soon:   Why is the P/E ratio important?







......................... 



















No comments:

Post a Comment